The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale kicks off today through August 6th and I look forward to it every year. I have pieces that I bought that are as timeless as they were when I first brought them home. Sadly, a few people had already told me that the plus size options were “not so inspiring” and, when I logged into today, I absolutely agree. This is the first Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that I had to really hunt to find the gems. I really hope that the Nordstrom buyers take that into consideration when planning next year’s sale and realize that they need some more plus size options – not just a couple pages in a catalog and a few afterthoughts in a department.
Here are a few of my favorite things from the 2012 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale:
1. This Vince Camuto Contrast Trim Blouse is one of those pieces that is timeless. I love the contrast trim – adds a nice visual element to a typical white blouse. They also have this blouse in a houndstooth print.
2. Fall is fast approaching and I still am dyin’ for a fab cape to wear around town. This tweed cape from Steve Madden looks like it will fit the bill nicely, no? It also comes in a lovely cobalt color.
3. Speaking of jackets – I LOVE this Lafayette 148 New York Asymmetric Leather Jacket. What I don’t love – the almost $1k price tag. Really? However, during the sale, it’s just a mere $640. I’ll be looking for a more moderately priced version, like the malt color of the Bernardo Scuba Topstitch Leather Jacket. [Update: after publishing this, I found that the Lafayette 148 Jacket already sold out. Guess someone didn't mind the pricetag]
4. Another stunner is this rust colored Bernardo leather jacket. I absolutely adore leather jackets with a bit of sass.
6. If you looked in my purse right now, you’d probably shoot me because I have cosmetics everywhere and am in dire need of a good cosmetic case. I finally found one that fits the bill – this Nordy Girl pouch from Rebecca Minkoff.
7. There’s something about this kate spade new york ‘lissa crossbody bag that has me wanting to add it to the wardrobe.
8. As y’all know a gal can never have too many shoes, these Ferguson Pumps from B Brian Atwood are breathtaking. I’ve heard from my gal Manouschka that Brian Atwoods tend to run a bit small so keep that in mind should you order.
9. I will never forget this – one Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, Stuart Weitzman had a pair of flannel oxfords with a bow that I absolutely adored. When I finally made the decision to buy them, they were sold out in my size. I never forgot about those shoes and have an ebay alert should they ever be listed on there in my size (shush – it’s the first time I had my heart broken by a shoe, g’head, shake your head). Anywhoo, the moral of the story is when it comes to shoes, seize the day because it MAY sell out, especially during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. This year, Stuart Weitzman has a flannel kitten heel that I’m about to go take a looksee at. It also comes in a black/tortoiseshell combo, another combo that I adore. After my recent Cooking With Sneakers incident, I think a few kitten heels are needed for my shoe arsenal and these will be perfect for fall.
10. Finally, I’m a bit of a beauty junkie and I always find some great lovelies to add to my collection. I’m torn between two of my favorite brands, both of which have fab anniversary kits for this sale: Bobbi Brown’s “City Twilight” Anniversary Set and Smashbox’s “Studio Groupie” Anniversary Kit. Decisions, Decisions.
Did you have any favorites from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
[FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, my opinions are 100% my own]
Share the love
Get free updates